- Shadowdancer information on NWNWiki
Shadowdancers are masters of deception and trickery. Their skills allow them to hide in plain view of enemies and maneuver around the attacks of most enemies with ease.
- Legendary BAB: +12
- Darksight: At Shadowdancer 15, characters are immune to blindness.
- Feat Conversion: Characters with at least 13 levels of Shadowdancer may exchange Epic Reflexes feats for Epic Great Dexterity feats, by using the PC Scry. A character who converts feats in this manner can no longer delevel using the town priest.
- Upon reaching character level 42 (in legendary levels), the swap is no longer available.
- Shadow Decoy: At 45 levels of SD (including legendary levels if the character's control class is SD), the SD gains the shadow decoy ability, once they find a certian item. Three times per day, the SD can create a shadowy double of himself to draw monster attacks. It lasts three rounds before exploding in a burst of negative energy.
- Shadow Rift: Finding a certain item will allow Shadowdancers to enchant their melee weapon with Shadow Rift which will add 1 die of negative damage per 10 Shadowdancer levels (including LLs), so a pure Shadowdancer would receive 5 extra die of negative damage (eg. a weapon with 2d12 Negative would become 7d12. If the weapon has no Negative on it, the damage added will be d4s). Shadow Rift lasts for 1 round per Shadowdancer Level (including LLs).
which will add 1d6 + shadowdancer level negative damage on hit. The Shadow Rift will last for 1 round per 2 shadowdancer levels. The Rift may be used one time each day for every 10 shadowdancer levels you possess. For all the above calculations Shadowdancer level includes legendary levels if your control class is Shadowdancer.
- Additional Skill Options: Legendary Shadowdancers may raise Bluff, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, and Taunt as class skills in legendary levels.
- Epic Shadowlord: Shadowdancers can now get an epic summon, if they have at least 20 levels of shadowdancer, 35 total levels, the Epic Shadowlord feat, and find a certain item. The summon grows in power when they reach character level 50.
- Hide In Plain Sight: Shadowdancers now acquire Hide in Plain Sight at Shadowdancer 10 instead of Shadowdancer 1.
- Shadow Daze: At Shadowdancer 22 and higher, Shadow Daze now casts a single-target Curse Song ability, at Shadowdancer level (including legendary levels).
- Shadow Step: Immortal characters with at least 25 Shadowdancer class levels can now find the Shadow Step ability. This ability, once acquired, allows you to teleport as a swift action to targets within Medium range. You will automatically enter Shadow Sanctuary when using Shadow Step. Some targets (such as bosses) cannot be teleported to. Shadow Step can be found somewhere very black.
- Shadow Evade:
- Legendary levels count as Shadowdancer levels if the character's control class is Shadowdancer, for purposes of the progression, duration, and gaining additional powers.
- Shadow Evade now lasts 2 rounds per Shadowdancer level.
|25||35%||13/+6||8||immunity to death magic|
|30||40%||15/+8||9||immunity to necromancy|
|35||45%||16/+10||11||+100% immunity to negative energy|
|40||50%||17/+11||12||grants 10 rounds etherealness separate from the other effects|
|50||60%||20/+15||14||grants an additional attack per round|
- Slippery Mind: Protects against some other mind effects in addition to mind spells.
This is the most popular form of shadowdancer. With maxed Dexterity their armor class can exceed 135 while dual wielding. With 60% concealment and epic dodge they are impossibly hard for enemies to hit and make excellent tanks. Their main weakness is Strength checks, which they will often fail without the aid of UUU. Their damage can be lacklustre, but with good weapons (Dis Katana with Stygian Razor) they can still do reasonable damage. Dex SDs are popular in Abyss where they can be used to pull and effectively tank Balors.
- Str Shadowdancer: Stalker of Elysium
Strength based Shadowdancers are much harder to pull off effectively than their Dexterity based brethren. Shadowdancer BAB bonuses are quite low, making it difficult to achieve AB above 90 without compromising armor class. Using a shield you can get AC quite high, but with only 5 attacks each round damage output is not much better than a Dex build. This type of build is best attempted with a BUR subrace and access to good gear.