Catacombs of Dulvuroth
Deep below the arctic wastes are the Catacombs of Dulvuroth the lich, populated with many undead and cold loving creatures a testing adventure for many a recently immortal character.
- The run is a free rest zone, Immortal characters will not fugue or limbo in the Catacombs of Dulvuroth.
- The upper levels are free to teleport to. That's handy if someone has the tag.
- There are DC 63 reflex - instant death traps, can be disabled/retrieved with enough skill in this ability.
- High level turners (unsurprisingly) can be very effective here as can arcanes with Sunburst/U2D.
The Dulvuroth areas can be reached through lost temple at the Uroborus run. You'll need a Black Powder Barrel (from the second last map of Uroboros or the secret area in the Toyshop) to clear the way.
For characters with the Dulvuroth tag, there is a short cut in the Watchtower of Kil'dur'ok on the first map of the arctic.
Transition: You may not continue if monsters are about or after despawning monsters.
- Frostbite Swarm (Cold party kickback)
- Snow Spider
- Chilblain (Cold & Magical party kickback)
- Marzanna (caster)
- Ice Gargoyle
- Ice Golem
- Frozen Arcanists
- Frozen Wraith
Mini Boss: "The Chaplain" to the east/south drops a key for the gate at the north/west (+ 1 Dulv set loot). He cast implodes.
The two doors north of the entrance to the area lock once you enter them but you can bash both of them open once you've killed the creatures that spawn.
Behind it goes down....more dungeon hack....
- Voidwraith (Concentration Check: DC 41 vs Death)
- Spectral Lyrist (curse song)
- Quell (aura: Spell Failure in Massive Radius)
- Ice Weird (Casts Power Word: Stun)
To the north is a chest with a set weapon.
A trap DC63 vs.death near end......and up again...two more traps, stay close to walls!
Here lives "Illfane Balewing, Necrophyte of Atropus" (25% spawn chance). He drops soul jar. Here lies a Dulv mote around.
|secret Spoiler Warning!|
Near the mote is a search spot for dulv crafting item.
Just clear that area and go down again...
.....to the boss.
|Boss: Spoiler Warning!|
Dulvuroth! A Demi-Lich. He is protected by a barrier that can be bashed (but that will take some time). Dulvuroth is an arcane caster of huge power.
Strategy and Tactics
The passages in this dungeon are narrow, tanks to the front casters and archers behind. If you have high level turner in your party it will make this run almost painless with only the Quell and Marzanna to be dealt with.