- The Elemental Planes are a group of areas created especially for leveling. There are no keys to collect, nor are there any bosses to defeat. It is simply endless quantities of spawns for characters in level ranges 48-60.
- To enter the Elemental Planes you will need a Gem of Planar Traveler. Use it at the Shaft of Light in Town. Option two leads to the Plane of Air, option three leads to the Plane of Earth. To enter the Planes of Fire and Water you must transition from the portals on the Shallow layers of Air and Earth. Once opened, the portal from town to the Planes stays open until the server resets.
- The Elemental Planes are a free rest zone, Immortal characters will not fugue or limbo in the Elemental Planes.
There are four different elemental planes; Earth, Water, Fire and Air. Each of these planes is divided into Shallow, Middle and Deep layers. Shallow is the easiest and is recommended for characters around level 48 with loot capping at level 54. Middle is recommended for characters around level 52 with loot capping at level 59. Deep is the hardest and is recommended for characters around 55. Deep is also where the most difficult enemies, such as energons can spawn and also where 16 gems can drop and be farmed. Each plane requires a specific immunity.
- Elemental Plane of Air
- Requires: Levitation ability either through Ring of Levitation, racial ability, Paragon feat or item property.
- Elemental Plane of Earth
- Requires: Passwall ability either through Ring of Passwall (note that you need rest while wearing a Passwall item before it allows you to transition through the Plane of Earth), racial ability, Paragon feat or item property.
- Elemental Plane of Fire
- Requires: Firewalking ability either through Ring of Firewalking, racial ability, Paragon feat or item property.
- Elemental Plane of Water
- Requires: Waterbreathing ability either through Ring of Waterbreathing, racial ability, Paragon feat or item property.
Spawns at Elemental Planes vary according to party size. The more players you have in party, the bigger and more challenging spawns will be. No spawn is set either. Each spawn is random and can include a vast variety of enemies, including some that implode, KD and even heal from elemental damage.
All loot is dropped from enemies instead of loot spots. When parties are below the area level range enemies also drop potion ingredients which can be brewed at the Alchemist. Enemies that spawn on specific Planes and the ingredients they drop are covered on the page for each Plane. There are some enemies that can spawn on any Plane, what these enemies drop is detailed below.
|Xor-Yost||Concentrated Extract of Cold||Weapon Sufflation, Cold, Major|
Forge of Ixion
The Elemental Planes are also home to the Forge of Ixion. It can be accessed through a purple portal in a random spot located in the twelve elemental planes.
The Forge is used for a variety of tasks regarding randomized loot, such as de-randomizing, re-randomizing, removing augments (and depending on the items you have potentially recovering them for future use), adding properties and fixing lost properties.