The control class is what Higher Ground's Legendary level system uses in order to determine what benefits are available to a character when taking legendary levels.
Determining the Control Class
The control class of a character is the class in which they have the most levels upon reaching level 40. In the situation where the character has two classes with the same amount of levels, the class that was taken first will become the character's control class.
Example level progressions
- 9 Monk / 1 Wizard / 29 Arcane Archer / 1 Monk
- Arcane Archer would be the control class, as it has the most levels
- 12 Cleric / 8 Weapon Master / 8 Cleric / 12 Weapon Master
- Though both classes have 20 levels, the control class would be Cleric due to it being taken first.
- 8 Monk / 10 Weapon Master / 2 Fighter / 6 Weapon Master / 14 Fighter
- Similarly, Weapon Master would be the control class due to it being taken before the fighter levels.